The competences of the Banking Ombudsman include the settlement of civil law disputes, upon an application of an applicant- a private individual who is a customer of a bank, seeking relief of 2000 (two thousand) USD at the most, expressed in manat and other currency equivalent at the applicable rate of the Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the date of the receipt of the application, and arising from the conclusion, revision, application or cancellation of deals with banks, but in no case concerning the conduct of business activities.
At the same time, unless:
- a court decision settling the dispute on its merits entered into force;.
- the Banking Ombudsman has previously considered the dispute, the Conciliation Agreement has been concluded thereon or the Ombudsman has adopted the decision settling the dispute on its merits;
- more than two years have elapsed from the event set forth in the application and from the alleged breach of a right;
- the problem set forth in the application is about the general banking business, a type of services provided by banks and banking policy;
- the problem set forth contain criminal and administrative offence elements in accordance with the applicable legislation;
- the case is about the pricing policy of a bank;
- the license of a financial institution, which was complained against, has been revoked or such financial institution has been dissolved.