Ikram Haydar oglu Karimov
- He was born in 1942, to the family of servant
- He is married and has three children and nine grandchildren.
Education and work experience
- In 1959 he graduated from secondary school.
- In 1959-1961 he served as a worker at Sovkhoz
- In 1961-1966 he studied at the Faculty of Law of Azerbaijan State University and obtained a law degree. He was delegated to the Prosecutor’s Office of Azerbaijan SSR to be assigned to a job.
- In 1966-78 he served as an investigator at Baku city October (Yasamal) district, Gusar and Khachmaz district prosecutors’ offices; as an investigator for the special cases under the Prosecutor’s Office of Azerbaijan SSR;
- In 1978-87 he served as a prosecutor of Baku city Azizbayov (Khazar) district, first deputy prosecutor of Baku city - head of investigation department.
- In 1987-2012 he served as a chairman of Baku city Court, chairman of the Military Court on Hard Crimes Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan and chairman of Sumgait Court of Appeal.
- He was a member of the Consultative Researching Council under the Supreme Court of the Republic of Azerbaijan and under the Police Academy.
- He has chaired the State Examination Commissions at the Faculty of Law of Baku State University and at the Police Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan numerous times.
- Currently he is a Banking Ombudsman.
Titles, awards and other activities
- He was awarded a special title of chief justice counselor by the General Prosecutor of the USSR, judge of the 1st grade by the Milli Majlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- His experience in investigating undisclosed criminal cases on intentional homicides was well-known in the Union and Republic, and his name was listed in the honorary book of “The Best Investigator” of the Prosecutor’s Office. The union-wide book has been published about him, and the essays about him have been publicized in law journals. His research articles and speeches have been repeatedly published by various press agencies.
- He was awarded the order of Honor, medal of Glory and medal of Veteran of Labor and honorary diplomas of the Presidium of Supreme Soviet of Azerbaijan SSR, General Prosecutor’s Office of the USSR, All-Union Central Council of Trade Unions, and Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Azerbaijan. He was rewarded with the honorary title of Honored Lawyer of the Republic.
- He was repeatedly rewarded with commendations and valuable prizes by the General Prosecutor of the USSR, Prosecutor of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Minister of Justice and Judicial-Legal Council for the contributions of his professional activity. He was awarded the symbolic medal of the Ministry of Justice and limited edition memorial medal of the Public Union (Association) of the Judges of General Courts of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- He has been elected as a Member of Parliament from Azizbayov (Baku) district and Member of Baku city Congress of People’s Deputies for several terms.
- He graduated from qualification institutes for senior officials of the Prosecutor’s Office and Ministry of Justice of the USSR.
- He has been actively engaged in drafting legislative acts for the judicial reforms in 1995, and represented Azerbaijan at a range of international events, in the USA, Asian and European countries, Council of Europe.
- His articles on judicial reforms have been published within the Republic and in the other countries.
- He regularly participates in the training of newly elected judges.